To share in the glory of this broccoli dish, you will need:
Washed and chopped broccoli (the pre-washed and dried bags at the grocery store work really well here; if you insist on washing everything yourself, be sure you dry the broccoli quite thoroughly before roasting it!)
- Nonstick olive oil spray or olive oil, or both
- Salt (I used sea salt)
- Pepper (I used freshly ground pepper)
- Garlic (either thinly sliced or chopped fresh cloves or powder)
- Citrus fruit of choice (lemon or orange work wonders here)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Cover sheet with broccoli and garlic.
- Spray everything again, generously to coat (or toss with some olive oil - more fatty but very delicious!)
- Salt and pepper everything.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so, or until the outer edges of the broccoli are crisp and brown.
- Cut the citrus fruit of choice in half and squeeze the juice over the broccoli.
- Toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
|Psychedelic broccoli? I inverted the colors using Picasa for this photo.|